I’ve been pondering for some time on what a Pharisee really is & I just finished reading the last half of Matthew 22. These are some of my thoughts . . .
I am thinking and/or acting like a Pharisee if . . .
1. I don’t think I need JESUS in every area of my life.
2. I believe I can work my way into right standing with GOD.
3. I tithe “perfectly,” but do not give generously or self-sacrificially or with a joyful heart.
4. I recognize other people’s sins, but not my own sin.
5. I recognize my own sin, but think other people’s sins are worse or bigger.
6. I refuse to humble myself before The LORD; meaning, I refuse to admit I am sick & in desperate need of Him–every moment of every day.
7. I realize I’m sick, but think I’m not as sick as other people.
8. I focus on “image-management,” rather than loving The LORD with all my heart, soul, mind, & strength.
9. I focus on “not getting dirty,” rather than going into the trenches & loving others as I love myself.
10. I look for “loopholes” (or an “easier, softer way”), rather than obeying KING JESUS.
11. I attempt to find flaws in JESUS’ Character.
12. I think, speak, & act in such a way that communicates I believe that I don’t desperately need daily intimacy with KING JESUS–that’s just for “weak”people.
13. I place obstacles in front of others who are seeking JESUS.
14. I call good, evil, and evil, good.
15. I want JESUS & His Word (both past Written & current Verbal) to “go away” & leave me alone with my sin.
Well, PAPA, I am sometimes thinking, talking, &/or behaving like a Pharisee–ouch!
I’m sorry for the times I’ve thought, talked, & behaved like a Pharisee. Please forgive me. Thank You for Forgiving me! And thank You for doing whatever it takes to soften my heart towards You, Your Word, & Your Will in every area of my life–no matter what it takes!
I love you, PAPA!!! Thank You for Loving me FIRST!!!
And Readers, thank YOU for reading & letting me share!
Warrior Princess Melanee!